Monday, June 6, 2011

June 1 - Day 317

Babs.
This is the cover of one of my coffee table books, entitled; "How to talk with practically anybody about practically anything" by Barbara Walters.  Published in 1970 this books reveals Babs' personal rules for conversation success as she vividly describes her experiences on and off camera.  Content includes how to talk to: the celebrity, the tycoon (including female tycoon's and the tycoon's wife), royalty and other VIP, the young and the old and difficult people (including bores and drunks).  There is also a chapter "all about you" which gives tips on hair, clothes and charm, a chapter on giving parties and my favourite "How to Win a New Boss, or Husband - A Good Girl's Guide for When to Be Sexy, and When Not".  Don't miss the introduction "How to Talk with Aristotle Onassis, in Which is Embodied, the Secret of How to Talk with Practically Anybody, but Especially Truman Capote".  Oh Babs.  (I did take this book to a party shortly after I got it.  I didn't know a lot of people there and I wanted to be prepared in case any of them were Tycoons).

No comments:

Post a Comment