Thursday, April 21, 2011

April 20 - Day 275



African Peanut Shrimp.

I had some left over soup so I sauteed some shrimp, and added it to the soup, along with some leftover quinoa. To make the soup heat 1 TBSP peanut oil over medium and cook 1 clove garlic finely chopped until fragrant, 1 minute. Add one can diced tomatoes, 1 can tomato paste, 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter, 4 cups of vegetable broth, 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar and 1 TSP salt. Whisk together, bring to a boil and then simmer about 8 - 10 minutes. (You can add rice to the soup after it boils and then reduce heat to low and cover and cook until rice is tender 15-20 minutes). Soup can be topped with crushed peanuts or green onions (I was out of both). Recipe adapted from Real Simple. Cooking Tunes: Hey Rosetta! Seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment