Sunday, December 11, 2011

December 7 - Day 506

Spicy Shrimp & Peanut Soup.  Simmer 4 cups veg broth, 2 cloves finely sliced garlic, 1 TBSP fresh grated ginger, 2 TBSP fish sauce and one red chili thinly sliced (I didn't have this so I used 1 TBSP red chili paste - which I don't know I would do again) for 10 minutes.  Add 1/4 cup peanut butter and 1 lb shrimp and cook until opaque.  Add baby spinach to bowl and then ladle soup over spinach.  (Adapted from Dec 2011 issue of Whole Living - I don't have the recipe in front of me and it hasn't been uploaded to the net.  I believe quantities of ingredients are correct...I found the soup to be quite salty so next time I will look for a low sodium broth and maybe only use 1 TBSP fish sauce).

No comments:

Post a Comment